Industry demand and status
In the oil, metal and high temperature environment of the processing workshop, it is necessary to manage a large number of tools, evaluate their cost, track their service life, and effectively transfer parameters at all links to avoid production stoppage due to short-term or failure of the tool. The full lifecycle management of tools is the key to improving the level of manufacturing automation.
Problems with existing programs
Many processing shops currently manage tools by hand and paper barcodes. The paper bar code is easy to be stained in the oily environment, the parameters cannot be reliably transmitted, and the M2M communication cannot be realized. The life of the tool can only be judged by experience, which is easy to cause:
● The information is opaque, easy to waste, and the cost increases;
● Long processing preparation time, low efficiency of CNC equipment processing;
● Lack of material leads to production stoppage, delay in production, and high delivery risk;
● The parameters cannot be effectively transmitted, which may cause errors and affect product quality.
● Install RFID tags on the tool for identification and information reading/writing of the tool life cycle;
● Install RFID readers on equipment such as CNC machine tools as an interface for information exchange between RFID tags and host control systems;
●Using RFID tags as information carriers to realize information interaction (M2M) between the tool and the host and between the host and the host, thereby reducing the machining assistance time of the host and predicting the tool life.
The solution can realize the life management of machining tools, improve the service life, effectively reduce the preparation time, improve the machine utilization rate, reduce the tool inventory by 20%, reduce the tool cost by 10%, reduce the preparation time by 15%, and improve the equipment efficiency by 10% , shorten the delivery period by 10% and reduce the comprehensive cost by more than 15%.